Every mother wants to give her child all the best. This fully applies to vitamins. The fact that the child’s body needs to be supported with a vitamin-mineral complex, many do not doubt. Nevertheless, the answer to the question, what vitamins to buy, have to look for a long time.
When choosing a vitamin-mineral complex, you need to pay attention to several important points.
1. Raw materials used for manufacturing the products. Highly effective vitamin and mineral complexes are produced using certified, high-quality raw materials, which provides these complexes with a high quality guarantee. For example, do you know that not all vitamins C are equally useful and that we can buy them under the guise of vitamin C? There are several types of dietary supplements, which can be offered to the buyer under this name.
Which one is that “working” vitamin C, which our body needs so much in the period of outbreaks of flu and colds?
Ascorbic acid has four isomers, of which only one is really useful: sodium ascorbate, L-ascorbic acid. Only this isomer of ascorbic acid has biological activity, and it is called vitamin C.
This is for those who did not buy ascorbic acid in principle without the prefix “L-“. Moreover, if specified otherwise: sodium ascorbate, ascorbic acid – this “vitamin C” is manufactured synthetically and does not benefit the body.
Accordingly, instead of working vitamins, you can be offered their substitutes, which do not bring any benefit to the body.
2. The next important point: the composition of vitamins for children also includes sugar or sweeteners, because children want to take only delicious, sweet vitamins. Accordingly, there are different sweet tablets, choose from them the most useful for the body of your child. Stevia is a natural sweetener, which allows you to use the vitamin-mineral complex, even in the presence of diabetes.
3. Pharmaceutical form of the vitamin complex. Of the most common pharmaceutical forms of vitamin-mineral complexes are syrups, ordinary tablets, lozenges, chewable pastilles, resorption tablets, soluble tablets, effervescent tablets.
4. Colouring agents. To attract the attention of children, manufacturers paint vitamins in different colours. As a rule, they are associated with different fruit. Most manufacturers use artificial colouring agents, and only in individual cases there are used natural colourants (obtained from fruit and vegetable juices). How to distinguish which colourant does the manufacturer use? It is a very simple task. Artificial colours provide a rich, bright, uniform colour to the vitamins. If you buy such vitamins and give them to your child, you will see that the vitamin preparation, regardless of the pharmaceutical form, stains the tongue in a bright colour. Therefore, it is better to read in advance on the package or in the instructions, which colouring agents are used by the manufacturer of certain vitamins. Vitamins with natural colourants have a moderately bright colour; it may not be quite uniform, and eventually even pale.
5. Optimal selection of the complex of useful substances. Choosing vitamins for children or vitamins for schoolchildren, you need to pay attention to the additional components contained in the drug. It is unlikely that preschool children or schoolchildren will benefit from vitamins with ginseng or increased dosage of zinc. There is no need for very high dosages of calcium.
An important component, which should pay attention to – polyunsaturated fatty acids Omega-3. Omega-3 is very important for the intellectual development of the child. It helps successfully cope with high school load, improve memory and attention.
Now you know how to choose fine, really useful and natural vitamins for your child. Knowing these simple rules, you can provide the child with vitamins, minerals and nutrients necessary for health, development and growth at any time.
Sure enough, it’s hard to be a teenager, but even harder is to be a mother of one. Let’s talk about how we can help a teenager be healthy, going through a number of challenges, which are so natural during adolescence, and how to nourish the body with all necessary vitamins.Read more
All mothers care not only about the health of their children, but also about their development and academic performance. In kindergarten, there are usually no problems with training, because in most cases development occurs during a game that does not require high concentration and focus.Read more
Поганий апетит може стати причиною дефіциту вітамінів і мікроелементів та погіршити стан дитини. Цю проблему можна вирішити за допомогою комплексних вітамінно-мінеральних препаратів для дітей.Read more